Student Retreat Policies
The following policies, guidelines, and release are established to help provide a positive and safe experience for your group and others at Lake Ann Camp. Please ensure each member of your group understands and agrees to abide by the following terms:
Lake Ann Camp staff will conduct a brief, mandatory orientation to campers and adult leaders at each retreat to communicate Lake Ann Camp’s mission and purpose as well as safety procedures/regulations and expectations. Please be sure to plan for this orientation upon arrival and require attendance of everyone in your group.
- Churches registering as a group are asked to verify that all attending adult leaders (including youth pastors) have passed national criminal and sexual offender background checks. These checks must have been completed not more than three years prior to the ending date of the retreat.
- A church can fulfill this step by providing Lake Ann Camp a signed copy of the Background Check Verification Form available from the camp office.
- If your church does not have access to a current qualifying background check, Lake Ann Camp can assist you with a link to the service we use for conducting background checks.
- Your leaders can complete this online.
- Each background check costs $7.20 paid directly to the service provider.
- Background checks will then be valid for 3 years for any future Lake Ann Camp retreats or camp visits.
- Church group leaders are advised to provide training to minimize the potential of any group personnel being in a one-on-one camper/personnel situation when out of sight of others while at Lake Ann Camp programmed retreats. Please be respectful of other groups – adults should not interact individually or too extensively with minors of other groups.
- Health forms are advised to include:
- Names and addresses of all participants
- Emergency contact names and numbers
- A listing of any persons with known allergies or health conditions requiring treatment, restriction, or other accommodation while on site
- For minors without a parent on site, signed permission to seek emergency treatment or a signed religious waiver
- If your church does not currently have a standard health form:
- Sample copies of health forms are available from the Lake Ann Camp office. These can be emailed or faxed, per request
Lost & Found
Lake Ann Camp will hold any found items for two weeks after the conclusion of any event. Please contact the camp office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about lost items. Found items not claimed within two weeks will be donated to an area charity.
Release to use Image and Likeness
On occasion, Lake Ann Camp takes photographs or makes an audio or video recording of retreaters. Such photographs, audio recordings, or video recordings may be used by staff and participants to remember the activities and participants. By registering to attend and participate in a Lake Ann camp programmed retreat, parents and/or legal guardians consent to the use of any such audio or visual record of the camper named on the registration, to be used, distributed, or displayed as Lake Ann Camp, and agents of the organization see fit, including use in Lake Ann Camp publications or promotional materials. These recordings and images may also be used by Lake Ann Camp in materials offered for sale to the public.